Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
FABULOUS brisket. Deelicious and so easy. Wonderful way to make this dish and I will be very surprised if this doesn't rate five stars. Please try.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Pierce brisket 12 times on both sides.
- Sprinkle one package of soup mix on one side and press in with back of spoon.
- Turn over and repeat with other package of soup mix.
- Strew vegetables around your meat.
- Pour Pepsi over meat to cover.
- Secure heavy duty aluminum foil over your roasting pan.
- Bake for one hour per pound.
- Turn off oven and let sit inside the oven for one hour.
- Take out your roasting pan, slice and put back into the juices.
- Absolutely fabulous!
I was very impressed with this dish (although one of my roommates did not care for the sweet flavor the Pepsi gave to the potaotes) and will definitely make it again. I think, next time, I may try it with Root Beer to see how that effects things! I may also try cooking it for a shorter period of time, like -say- 1 hour/pound to a maximum of 2 hours/inch of thickness. But, that aside, this was a very good recipe and everyone in the house really liked it!