1/3 Photos of Peppy Salsa...you Choose the Heat!
2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is the salsa recipe I have been using for years. Simple and versatile because you can choose how hot you want to make it. It was given to me by a dear friend, but I think it is originally a Jean Pare recipe. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We will never buy salsa again...you may not either.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cups peeled fresh tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped bell peppers (red, green, and yellow)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups grilled cooked corn kernels, straight off the cob
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup finely chopped jalapeno pepper, for mild salsa
- 2 cups finely chopped jalapeno peppers, for medium salsa (optional)
- 3 cups finely chopped jalapeno peppers, for hot salsa (optional)
- 4 cups finely chopped jalapeno peppers, for killer salsa (optional)
- 1In a large pot mix all ingredients well and simmer for one and a half hours.
- 2Stir occasionally and reduce to consistency of your liking.
- 3Place in sterilized jars.
- 4Wipe the rim of the jars with a very clean damp cloth.
- 5Put heated lids and rings on the jars and seal in water bath for 10-15 minutes.
- 6Yield is a wild guess, depending on jar size.
You Might Also Like...View All Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppy Salsa...you Choose the Heat!
Serving Size: 1 (5478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.3
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 936.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 11.9 g