Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Coleslaw with a bit of a zing! It looks pretty on your plate and is a nice change of pace from the usual cabbage slaw. "The longer it sits, the better it gits!" Leftovers are great on sandwiches and hamburgers.
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups minced carrots
- 3 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Toss vegetables in large bowl.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients, pour over veggies, and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours-- but remember, longer is better!
I really liked this recipe. It is very different from your run of the mill coleslaw. I omitted the onions, subbed miracle whip for mayo and opted for hot chili powder. This had a little spice, but nothing serious. I did add another heaping tbsp. of miracle whip because we felt is wasn't quite as creamy as we like it. Thanks for a yummy recipe!