- 1 loaf unsliced French bread (1lb)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzaraella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- In a microwave proof bowl, combine the butter, onion, and chili powder.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Be sure to stir at least once during cooking.
- Spread over cut side of bottom of bread.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Replace bread top; wrap with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve warm with your favorite soup.