Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love making burgers on my George Foreman Grill, so I'm always looking for new burger recipes...After using many, I found there were certain ingredients that I always tended to gravitate towards...As a result, I decided to create a new recipe geared towards those things I liked the most in my burgers...I've also tried to make it a bit more heart healthy by using ground turkey...Serve with oven fries and a tossed salad for a complete meal!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast (Shady Brook Farms preferred) or 1 lb ground chicken breast (Shady Brook Farms preferred)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (jarred variety)
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chop
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (low sodium if available)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Shape into patties, place on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap, place in refrigerator until well chilled so they won't fall apart during the cooking process.
- Grill on Medium High heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, I like to cook mine on my George Foreman Grill for 3-5 minute.
- Makes 5, ¼ pound burgers.
- Variations: Use BBQ sauce instead of Heinz57; Use yellow French's mustard instead of dijon mustard.