Recipe by abloom69
From a local Vancouver, BC Restaurant. I am posting to try one day.
Top Review by Peter J
Really enjoyed these! I thought if there was one drawback it was maybe the sweetness of the raisins didn't suit the mushroom juices and saltiness of the other ingredients so I think next time I'd leave them out. Only change I made was I only had dried parsley so used 1/2 tablespoon initially and didn't sprinkle over any additional amount before baking.
- 1 lb mushroom, large
- 1⁄4 cup ham, minced
- 1 tablespoon raisins, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop.
- Scrape undersides of mushrooms into bowl using the handle of a teaspoon.
- Add chopped stems, ham, raisins, pine nuts and capers.
- Melt butter in a skillet, add mushroom mixture and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in garlic, one tablespoon of the parsley, salt and pepper and 1/4 cup of parmesan.
- Stuff mushrooms with mixture and arrange in a shallow buttered pan.
- Sprinkle remaining tablespoon of parsley and remaining 1/4 cup parmesan over mushrooms and bake 20 minutes.