Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From the MDC kitchen to yours.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- snow peas or red peppers or toasted sesame seeds
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand to soften.
- In a medium saucepan heat tomato juice, chopped red pepper and onion Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In food processor or blender puree tomato juice mixture, add Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce and softened gelatin, stir until dissolved.
- Pour into a rinsed 6-cup mould or 8 individual moulds.
- Cover with foil.
- Chill until firm, at least 6 hours.
- To serve unmould onto serving plate.
- Garnish with garnish ingredients.
Not often we see aspics on the table but they are refreshing. This is certainly one of the best I have found - nice and spicy and doesn't taste just like tomato juice. Highly recommend, especially on a hot day with cold cuts and cheese.