Recipe by gailanng
A recipe just waiting for a romantic evening.
Top Review by breezermom
I'm not leaving stars, because....gasp! I messed this up. First, I used sirloin because I had it in the freezer, and it was too thick. Second, I used way too much pepper. Mine didn't turn out well because of my mistakes, but I can imagine how great this would be if I hadn't totally screwed it up!!!
- 2 boneless rib-eye steaks, 1/2 inch thick, can substitute sirlion
- kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons stone ground dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 minced shallots (can substitute 1 green onion and 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Season steaks with salt then spread steaks with mustard; press in cracked pepper.
- Cook steaks on high in skillet.
- Remove to platter; cover to keep warm.
- Discard fat from skillet; reduce heat to medium-high.
- Add shallots and thyme; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantlly.
- Add wine; cook 1 minute.
- Add broth; bring to boil and loosen brown bits.
- Stir in any juices collected on steak platter; cook 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Spoon sauce over steaks.