Recipe by DDW
We have enjoyed these potatoes for many years. I will usually 1/2 the recipe for just our family and have also made this in the crockpot with great success. Adding some grated cheese changes the flavor nicely.
Top Review by Miraklegirl
These potatoes were unbelievable! I loved them...so creamy and delicious. The instructions don't say when to add the flour and butter, so I just mixed it all in with the soup mixture and it turned out fine. One thing- I didn't find them particularly peppery, so if you're looking for a little fire, add extra cayenne. Thanks, I will definately make these again!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you want more "bite")
- 5 cups potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soup, milk, salt and cayenne in bowl.
- Place 1/3 of potatoes and onions in a greased 9X13 baking dish.
- Layer with 1/3 of the butter, sprinkle 1/3 of the flour over and then 1/3 of the soup mixture.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.