1/1 Photo of Peppery Sage Biscuits
Buttery rich biscuits perked up with cayenne pepper, black pepper and sage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Blend flour, baking powder, salt, sage, cayenne and black pepper in food processor or large bowl.
- 3Add cold butter and pulse, or quickly blend with your fingertips, until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture and process just until moist clumps begin to form. Do not overmix or you'll have "rubber" biscuits!
- 5Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead until it holds together, about 6 turns.
- 6Roll out or pat dough to 1/2" thickness. Using a floured 2" biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out biscuits. Reroll scraps and cut remaining biscuits.
- 7Transfer biscuits to a large nonstick baking sheet.
- 8Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Sage Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.5 mg
- Sodium 252.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g