2 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Pepper #2's Note:
This is our new Christmas tradition. Adapted from a Beef, It's What's For Dinner recipe, this is flavorful and so tender.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl; reserve 2 tablespoons for au jus.
- 3Press rub into all parts of the rib roast.
- 4Place roast fat side up in a shallow baking dish. Do not cover or add water.
- 5Roast for 2 1/4 hours for medium rare up to 3 hours medium doneness (until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the roast reaches 135 degrees for medium rare to 150 degrees for medium).
- 6Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes, tenting the roast with aluminum foil.
- 7Combine broth with reserved rub and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in thyme and simmer an additional 2 minutes.
- 8Carve roast into slices. Serve with au jus.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Rib Roast
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1081.8
- Calories from Fat 831
- Total Fat 92.3 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 1005.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 57.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef rib roast