Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes serves 4-6 Serve as an alternative to creamed onions
Make and share this Peppery Red Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large red onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- hot pepper sauce
- salt and pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine onions, olive oil, oregano, broth, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, until onions are tender.
- Add hot sauce to taste and toss well.