Prep 10 mins
Cook 96 hrs
This recipe is from America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook.
- 4 large red onions, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- hot sauce, to taste
- In crockpot, combine the onions, oil, oregano and stock.
- Stir to combine, cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or until onions are tender.
- Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste, serve.
This is so easy. I cooked them maybe 5 hours. I used chicken stock. Thanks PaulaG :) Made for 123 hit wonders.
So easy! So good too! I used this in a veggie sub tonight for a quick dinner! Loved coming home to already cooked onions! Thanks Paula!