Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe I got off the internet several years ago from Chat Magazine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 leeks, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 3 ounces French beans, trimmed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, heat olive oil.
- Add onions, carrots and leeks, and sauté over a low heat for 10 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Mix in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, basil, hot chili sauce and garlic.
- Simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Add French beans and continue cooking, uncovered for a further 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced.
- Season to taste.
- Serve vegetable mixture on a bed of spaghetti and top with grated cheese.
- Garnish with olives and chopped parsley.