Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vietnamese recipe taken from The Essential Asian Cookbook
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1 pork loin
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml oil
- 8 shallots, red Asian, finely sliced
- 184.27 g baby corn
- 99.22 g green beans
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 134.66 g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 184.27 g bean sprouts
- Cut the pork into thin pieces. Place the pork, pepper, fish sauce, garlic, salt, spring onions and half the oil in a bowl. Mix well to combine and refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok to extremely hot and stir fry the pork in 3 batches for about 1 1/2 minutes or until just golden brown, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok; add the shallots, corn and beans and stir fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the water and sugar; cover and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and steam for 1 minute more.
- Return the pork and any juices to the wok, add the bean sprouts and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Cooking time does not include 20 minute marinading time.