Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vietnamese recipe taken from The Essential Asian Cookbook
Make and share this Peppery Pork With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 pork loin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 8 shallots, red Asian, finely sliced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces baby corn
- 3 1⁄2 ounces green beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 3⁄4 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 6 1⁄2 ounces bean sprouts
- Cut the pork into thin pieces. Place the pork, pepper, fish sauce, garlic, salt, spring onions and half the oil in a bowl. Mix well to combine and refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok to extremely hot and stir fry the pork in 3 batches for about 1 1/2 minutes or until just golden brown, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok; add the shallots, corn and beans and stir fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the water and sugar; cover and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and steam for 1 minute more.
- Return the pork and any juices to the wok, add the bean sprouts and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Cooking time does not include 20 minute marinading time.