Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Vietnamese recipe taken from The Essential Asian Cookbook
Make and share this Peppery Pork With Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 pork loin
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 8 shallots, red Asian, finely sliced
- 6 1⁄2 ounces baby corn
- 3 1⁄2 ounces green beans
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 3⁄4 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- 6 1⁄2 ounces bean sprouts
- Cut the pork into thin pieces. Place the pork, pepper, fish sauce, garlic, salt, spring onions and half the oil in a bowl. Mix well to combine and refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok to extremely hot and stir fry the pork in 3 batches for about 1 1/2 minutes or until just golden brown, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok; add the shallots, corn and beans and stir fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the water and sugar; cover and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and steam for 1 minute more.
- Return the pork and any juices to the wok, add the bean sprouts and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Cooking time does not include 20 minute marinading time.