Peppery Pork With Vegetables
- Cut the pork into thin pieces. Place the pork, pepper, fish sauce, garlic, salt, spring onions and half the oil in a bowl. Mix well to combine and refrigerate, covered for 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok to extremely hot and stir fry the pork in 3 batches for about 1 1/2 minutes or until just golden brown, reheating wok between batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok; add the shallots, corn and beans and stir fry over medium heat for 1 minute. Sprinkle over the water and sugar; cover and steam for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and steam for 1 minute more.
- Return the pork and any juices to the wok, add the bean sprouts and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Cooking time does not include 20 minute marinading time.