Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These pork chops go really well with white rice to soak up the delicious gravy.
Make and share this Peppery Pork Chops with Creamy Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper; dredge each pork chop in this mixture and set aside; reserve the remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the pork chops and brown on each side; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook 30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the chops from skillet, transfer to a large platter and keep the uncovered platter warm in a 200° oven while making gravy.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons pan drippings from the skillet; add 1 tablespoon of the reserved flour and whisk until smooth over medium heat.
- Let cook 1 minute then add the milk and whisk until thickened; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven, pour the gravy over them and serve.
I thought that I would try a diferent recipe than usual and these were okay. I really don't know, but I may try these again since I think that the problem may have been mine. They just didn't seem to have any oomph.
These were very good. I only made 4 chops, so adjusted the recipe. I did only need about 20 minutes to cook the pork chops, but I really prefer my pork just done. Thanks for a great recipe! I'll definitely make this again.
I needed to add a little liquid to the pan drippings - I think my chops were too lean. Otherwise, these were perfect. Tender and juicy and the gravy was yummy. Thanks Hey Jude!