Recipe by Hey Jude
These pork chops go really well with white rice to soak up the delicious gravy.
Top Review by Khandi Howard
I thought that I would try a diferent recipe than usual and these were okay. I really don't know, but I may try these again since I think that the problem may have been mine. They just didn't seem to have any oomph.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 pork chops, about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and black pepper; dredge each pork chop in this mixture and set aside; reserve the remaining flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat; add the pork chops and brown on each side; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook 30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove the chops from skillet, transfer to a large platter and keep the uncovered platter warm in a 200° oven while making gravy.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons pan drippings from the skillet; add 1 tablespoon of the reserved flour and whisk until smooth over medium heat.
- Let cook 1 minute then add the milk and whisk until thickened; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven, pour the gravy over them and serve.