Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great side dish I got from Southern Living.
- 4 slices hickory smoked bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen black-eyed peas
- 1 cup frozen purple hull peas
- 1 cup frozen crowder peas
- 1 cup frozen butter peas
- 1 cup frozen field peas, with snaps
- 1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon asian chili-garlic sauce
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp, remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in pan.Crumble bacon.
- Saute onion in hot drippings in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 minutes. Add black eyed peas and next 8 ingredients, and cook 20 -25 minutes, uncovered. Top with crumbled bacon.