Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Yahoo group files
Make and share this Peppery Peach Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh peaches or 3 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen unsweetened peach slices
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can peaches or 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 fresh red chile pepper (about 1 Tbsp) or 1 habanero pepper, seeded and very finely chopped (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh raspberries
- Wash, peel and pit fresh peaches, if using. Place half of the fresh or frozen peaches in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until peaches are very finely chopped. Transfer chopped peaches to a 6 quart saucepan. Repeat with remaining peaches.
- Add sugar, nectar, vinegar, lemon juice, chile pepper, salt and garlic to the pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in raspberries.
- Ladle hot sauce into prepared jars leaving a 1/4" headspace. Process jars in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes. Adjust time according to your altitude.
- To Serve: Stir sauce. Serve with broiled, roasted or grilled poultry, pork or ham.