Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A yummy bread. I love it with soups!
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Select basic bread machine setting.
- Check dough after a few minutes of mixing, adding water or flour, as needed.
Loved this bread and goes perfectly with a steaming hot bowl of soup. Had a tender texture, nice fragrance and love the pepper. I used 2 teaspoons. Thanks, Charmie.
I found this recipe from Taste of Home in 1999, and this is a great bread to serve with spaghetti. I like the flavors and that you can make this so quickly in the bread machine. Thank you for posting this!
Excellent bread! I made a batch and a third for a two-pound loaf, doubled the garlic, added a tablespoon of pepper, used half whole-wheat flour, and enjoyed it immensely. The texture is perfect; it slices well, it's very moist, it has great flavour, and oh! - as it bakes? Your house will smell of delicious onion and garlic goodness. I would recommend adding more seasoning, however; it's a bit subtle.