Recipe by dicentra
This is from TOH. I haven’t tried them yet, but I am typing the recipe up for ZWT II. Makes 4 dozen.
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup pancake mix
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, pancake mix, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, buttermilk, oil, jalapeños, onion and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Heat oil to 375. Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.