Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Modified from Simply Recipes. Goes well over basmati rice, with snow peas or sugar snap peas, or just serve with some good bread to soak up the garlic sauce. If you don't like the strong black pepper taste, you can back off a bit and it's still great. NOTE: Prep time includes time to marinate shrimp.
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined (tails on or off)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped or snipped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the crushed garlic, salt, coarsely ground pepper, lemon juice and brandy. Add the shrimp and marinate at least an hour, or up to three hours in the fridge.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and shrimp mixture and cook quickly, turning shrimp. The longer the shrimp has marinated, the less time it takes to cook.
- Cook until the shrimp has turned opaque (generally only 2-3 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped parsley.