3 hrs 4 mins
Modified from Simply Recipes. Goes well over basmati rice, with snow peas or sugar snap peas, or just serve with some good bread to soak up the garlic sauce. If you don't like the strong black pepper taste, you can back off a bit and it's still great. NOTE: Prep time includes time to marinate shrimp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the crushed garlic, salt, coarsely ground pepper, lemon juice and brandy. Add the shrimp and marinate at least an hour, or up to three hours in the fridge.
- 2Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- 3Add garlic and shrimp mixture and cook quickly, turning shrimp. The longer the shrimp has marinated, the less time it takes to cook.
- 4Cook until the shrimp has turned opaque (generally only 2-3 minutes).
- 5Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Garlic Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.0
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 286.4 mg
- Sodium 1872.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 31.5 g