Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 4 mins
Modified from Simply Recipes. Goes well over basmati rice, with snow peas or sugar snap peas, or just serve with some good bread to soak up the garlic sauce. If you don't like the strong black pepper taste, you can back off a bit and it's still great. NOTE: Prep time includes time to marinate shrimp.
- Mix together the crushed garlic, salt, coarsely ground pepper, lemon juice and brandy. Add the shrimp and marinate at least an hour, or up to three hours in the fridge.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Add garlic and shrimp mixture and cook quickly, turning shrimp. The longer the shrimp has marinated, the less time it takes to cook.
- Cook until the shrimp has turned opaque (generally only 2-3 minutes).
- Garnish with chopped parsley.