Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is such a nice, easy way to serve fennel. Tastes really, really refreshing and yummy.
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 2 large fennel bulbs, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts or 1⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Tip the carrots and fennel into a salad bowl. Toast the nuts in a hot frying pan until golden, then tip into a bowl to cool.
- In same pan, heat oil and gently fry mustard seeds until they begin to pop (about 30 seconds). Pour in lemon or lime juice and mix to make a dressing.
- In a medium bowl, toss together vegetables and dressing until well combined, sprinkle with nuts, and serve.