Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I almost always make this with duck. It is fabulous with corned beef as well.
Make and share this Peppery Corned Beef Hash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb potato, peeled and 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons lard (or duckfat or vegetable oil)
- 1 onion, large dice
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons beet horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (stir into the beef stock)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked corned beef (shred or dice)
- green onion
- You can use fresh potatoes or buy the frozen, diced potatoes. If you use fresh or raw-frozen, blanch them in boiling, salted water (after they are diced) for 5 minutes (just tender).
- In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat lard and saute onions and garlic until onions start to take on color.
- Add pepper and blackening seasoning and tabasco, to taste(I use about 1 tsp!).
- Stir in the horseradish and worcestershire.
- Add the sherry and beef stock (with corn starch) to the pan and bring up to a simmer. Let simmer for about 2 minutes (juices will thicken). Add the meat and potatoes and check for seasoning. Let simmer until all ingredients are hot and potatoes have soaked up the liquid (10-15 minutes).
- Place pan in the oven under the broiler to crisp and brown to your liking.