I almost always make this with duck. It is fabulous with corned beef as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb potato, peeled and 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons lard (or duckfat or vegetable oil)
- 1 onion, large dice
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons blackening seasoning
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons beet horseradish sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (stir into the beef stock)
- 1/2 lb cooked corned beef (shred or dice)
- green onion
- 1You can use fresh potatoes or buy the frozen, diced potatoes. If you use fresh or raw-frozen, blanch them in boiling, salted water (after they are diced) for 5 minutes (just tender).
- 2In a large, oven-safe skillet, heat lard and saute onions and garlic until onions start to take on color.
- 3Add pepper and blackening seasoning and tabasco, to taste(I use about 1 tsp!).
- 4Stir in the horseradish and worcestershire.
- 5Add the sherry and beef stock (with corn starch) to the pan and bring up to a simmer. Let simmer for about 2 minutes (juices will thicken). Add the meat and potatoes and check for seasoning. Let simmer until all ingredients are hot and potatoes have soaked up the liquid (10-15 minutes).
- 6Place pan in the oven under the broiler to crisp and brown to your liking.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Corned Beef Hash
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 799.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beet horseradish sauce