Pepper and Lemon with thyme; marinate and have the wonderful martini olive. Original recipe adapted from Flavors of Haute Provence.
- Drain olives and place them in a glass or other nonreactive container.
- With a wooden mallet or back of a wooden spoon, hit peppercorns just enough to bruise or barely crack them.
- Add to olives.
- Cut lemon into about 12 or 15 pieces and remove seeds. Add lemon to olives.
- Rub thyme sprigs between your hands over olives, dropping some of leaves; add sprigs and olive oil.
- Turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 days before serving.
- Note: The olives will keep, refrigerated, for up to 6 weeks.