Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Pepper and Lemon with thyme; marinate and have the wonderful martini olive. Original recipe adapted from Flavors of Haute Provence.
- 2 cups green olives in brine, mixed sizes if desired
- 30 black peppercorns
- 1 lemon
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Drain olives and place them in a glass or other nonreactive container.
- With a wooden mallet or back of a wooden spoon, hit peppercorns just enough to bruise or barely crack them.
- Add to olives.
- Cut lemon into about 12 or 15 pieces and remove seeds. Add lemon to olives.
- Rub thyme sprigs between your hands over olives, dropping some of leaves; add sprigs and olive oil.
- Turn to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-3 days before serving.
- Note: The olives will keep, refrigerated, for up to 6 weeks.
I went one CITRUS step further Caro and used some of my wonderful Lemon Thyme for this! I made the full amount as we are BIG olive fans and stored the excess from a frenzied and greedy olive lunch in a jam jar in the fridge! Excellent as I suspected, you cannot go wrong with olives, lemon and thyme, the black peppercorns just revved it up a notch. Merci encore, made for the Herb of the Month in the French Forum, which was...........................................................THYME! FT:-)
Wow and Wowee!!! These little darlins are going to be on my table at Christmas!!! Beautiful and YUMMY!!! Thanks, Caroline. (:
Yum! Spicy with great thyme and lemon flavor! Thanks! Made for ZWT3!