Recipe by Ginny Sue
Every few weeks, we have a hot sandwich night for dinner. This is a favorite choice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 pita bread rounds, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into narrow strips and place in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add teriyaki sauce and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken strips from teriyaki and discard remaining sauce.
- Combine thyme and next 4 ingredients; sprinkle over chicken.
- Heat oil in large skillet, add chicken and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, about 7-9 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise and horseradish, carefully spread in each pita.
- Sprinkle lettuce evenly in each pita, then top with chicken mixture.