Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A savory quick-bread.
Make and share this Peppery Cheese Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Make a well in center of the mixture. Stir together eggs and next 6 ingredients. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9"x5" loaf pan. Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool 1 hour on wire rack.