Recipe by CoffeeB
A cheesy, crisp little snacky for anytime.
Top Review by loof
What a great snack! Love the cheddar flavor and the black pepper - perfect! I had to cook mine in 2 batches; in the first batch when I rolled the 8" circle my dough was thicker and the crisps were not as crispy (still tasted great tho!). The second batch I just rolled the dough as thin as I could and got wonderfully crispy crackers. Great snack with cocktails out on the deck - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water, cold
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients.
- Cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle with water and vinegar.
- Toss with a fork until a ball forms.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or until dough is firm.
- Divide into 6 portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of cough into an 8 inch circle.
- Cut into 8 wedges and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Lightly press into dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container.