Recipe by Evie*
You can use beans of your choice for this salad, but I find these work the best. Hot pepper sauce gives it a good zing. prep time includes marinading
- 1 can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, cored,de seeded and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, cored de seeded and chopped fine
- 6 radishes, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- hot pepper sauce
- spring onion, green part only (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the well drained kidney beans, black eyed beans and chick peas in a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped bell peppers, thinly sliced radishes and the chopped spring onion to the bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the cumin, ketchup, oil, vinegar and garlic, add a little salt and hot pepper sauce to taste, stir thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with the green onion.