1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
You can use beans of your choice for this salad, but I find these work the best. Hot pepper sauce gives it a good zing. prep time includes marinading
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cored,de seeded and chopped fine
- 1/4 green bell pepper, cored de seeded and chopped fine
- 6 radishes, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- hot pepper sauce
- spring onion, green part only (to garnish)
- 1Place the well drained kidney beans, black eyed beans and chick peas in a large salad bowl.
- 2Add the chopped bell peppers, thinly sliced radishes and the chopped spring onion to the bowl.
- 3In a seperate bowl mix together the cumin, ketchup, oil, vinegar and garlic, add a little salt and hot pepper sauce to taste, stir thoroughly.
- 4Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- 5Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- 6Garnish with the green onion.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppery Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 330.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar