Prep 1 hr 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can use beans of your choice for this salad, but I find these work the best. Hot pepper sauce gives it a good zing. prep time includes marinading
- 1 can kidney bean, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, cored,de seeded and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, cored de seeded and chopped fine
- 6 radishes, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- hot pepper sauce
- spring onion, green part only (to garnish)
- Place the well drained kidney beans, black eyed beans and chick peas in a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped bell peppers, thinly sliced radishes and the chopped spring onion to the bowl.
- In a seperate bowl mix together the cumin, ketchup, oil, vinegar and garlic, add a little salt and hot pepper sauce to taste, stir thoroughly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with the green onion.
I love this bean salad! Nice mix with a nice flavor. I did add just a pinch of sugar and I doubled the dressing cause I loved the flavor and wanted more! Thanks!
This was just ok to me. I didn't find that the dressing added much flavor. Next time, I may use the same ingredients but make my usual lime juice/olive oil dressing for the salad.
This is amazing! I absolutely love the dressing! I used romano beans instead of chick peas & purple onion instead of green onion just 'cuz that's what I had on hand & it turned out beautifully. A definite keeper!