My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and cut all vegetables (remove stems from mushrooms) except garlic, into strips about 1/2-inch size. (this may seem like alot, but it cooks down).
- 2Using large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 3Add only onions first. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Lower heat to simmer and continue to cook for 15 minutes or until starting to get golden color.
- 4Raise heat to medium-high, add peppers and salt, Stir well into onions. Continue to cook until peppers JUST START to get soft.
- 5Add mushrooms, combining well.
- 6Add black pepper, garlic, and pepper flakes.
- 7Stir well. Lower heat to simmer. DO NOT COVER as this will poach vegetables.
- 8Continue to simmer until mushrooms give off their juices but are still firm. It is important NOT to overcook as they will cook again when reheated to be used.
- 9Remove skillet from heat. Stir.
- 10Allow to cool. Peppers and mushrooms should still have body to them.
- 11I like to bag portions in plastic sandwich bags, spread out so they are flat in bag. This makes for easy storage once they are frozen. I then place several bags into a freezer storage bag.
- 12I have kept this mix frozen for over a year without change in flavor.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppers, Onions and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (1912 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 101.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.3 g