Recipe by Jazz Lover
This soup is great on a cold night. I serve it with a crusty french bread. This is good without the pepperoni, also.
- 1 cup uncooked cheese tortellini (frozen works best)
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 ounce pepperoni slice, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, saucepan, combine tortellini, garlic and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer until tortellini is of desired doneness, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Simmer an additional 5 minutes.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top each bowl with Parmesan cheese.