Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had never seen this type of stuffed clam before, and knew I had to try it. They are definitely a crowd pleaser. You can make these a day ahead if you cover them tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate immediately. Just take out of the refrigerator an hour or so before you plan to cook them so they are at room temperature.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 large celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni, finely chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 2 cups dry Italian breadcrumbs
- lemon wedge
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, melt buttuer. Saute celery, onion, and garlic until very soft. Stir in the pepperoni.
- Slowly add 1 cup of bread crumbs, combine. Add 1 can of clams with liquid, combine. Repeat with remaining bread crumbs and clams.
- Mound this mixture into 8 large clam or scallop shells. Sprinkle with Paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, until hot. Serve with a wedge of lemon.