Recipe by plove53
This is fast simple and good!
Top Review by Karen=^..^=
This turned out excellent. We had it with homemade pizza and everyone said dinner was better than ordering from the pizza parlor. This recipe would be easier if the weights of the meat, cheese and dough were included. I used a 1 lb. pizza dough, about 5 oz. of pepperoni and 8 oz. of cheese, if that helps anyone (also sprinkled some parmesan over all). I didn't use the egg wash, but brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with oregano before baking. After removing from the oven, I laid a towel over it for a few minutes so the crust would soften up a bit. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 20 -30 slices thin of slicing pepperoni
- 10 slices of slicing mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 (use a pizza stone).
- Roll out the pizza dough (in a form of a pizza).
- Line with Pepperoni and Mozzarella.
- Roll dough (like a jelly roll) tucking in ends when you get to the middle.
- Place on cooking sheet (or wait to put on stone).
- Whip egg.
- With a brush paint egg wash on top of Stromboli.
- Slit top of bread for air vent.
- Place in oven and cook for around 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.