Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is fast simple and good!
- 1 pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
- 20 -30 slices thin of slicing pepperoni
- 10 slices of slicing mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 425 (use a pizza stone).
- Roll out the pizza dough (in a form of a pizza).
- Line with Pepperoni and Mozzarella.
- Roll dough (like a jelly roll) tucking in ends when you get to the middle.
- Place on cooking sheet (or wait to put on stone).
- Whip egg.
- With a brush paint egg wash on top of Stromboli.
- Slit top of bread for air vent.
- Place in oven and cook for around 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy.
This turned out excellent. We had it with homemade pizza and everyone said dinner was better than ordering from the pizza parlor. This recipe would be easier if the weights of the meat, cheese and dough were included. I used a 1 lb. pizza dough, about 5 oz. of pepperoni and 8 oz. of cheese, if that helps anyone (also sprinkled some parmesan over all). I didn't use the egg wash, but brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with oregano before baking. After removing from the oven, I laid a towel over it for a few minutes so the crust would soften up a bit. Thanks for sharing.
I was interested in making my own Pepperoni Stromboli and was glad to come across this recipe. It made for a wonderful meal paired with a side salad. To reduce the fat I used "reduced fat" pizza dough in the refrigerated section, and turkey pepperoni. I also reduced the baking time and used the time given for the actual pizza dough, which was about 17 minutes. Thanks for the recipe!!!
I altered this recipe a little to make it lower in fat. I used low fat pepperoni, 1 pkg.Weight Watchers 2% shredded cheese trio (mozzarella, provolone, parmesean), and also added 1 pkg of Biboli pizza sauce on top of the cheese, just squeezed out in teaspoons across the top before rolling the dough. Very easy, very quick, and delicious.