Recipe by BeckyD in Tennessee
This is great as a main dish or an appetizer. You can change the ingredients to your liking, we prefer the pepperoni. Serve this with pizza sauce for dipping.
Top Review by Marie Nixon
5 out of 5 people who ate this rated it a 5 star recipe. I made it the day before serving it, wrapped it in plastic wrap and it remained moist and delicious for serving the next day. I used recipe #117941 for the dough. I wish the recipe would specify how big of a rectangle the dough should be rolled out to. For reference purposes, my dough was rolled out to about 17" x 12". My strombolli took about 35 minutes to cook at 350 degrees in a convection oven. I used recipe #51861 for the dipping sauce. This is a do-again recipe for me.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) packages pizza dough mix (I use Martha White)
- 2 egg yolks, reserve egg whites for later
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dough as directed on package. Roll out into a rectangle.
- Mix next seven ingredients ï¿½ spread on rolled out dough.
- Layer with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Roll like a jellyroll, brush with egg white. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve slices with pizza sauce for dipping. Makes 2 rolls.