Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
I like shepherd's pie, but I can't eat lamb. My mother found this recipe from a company that sells pepperoni and passed it on to me.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered, save 1/2 cup cooking liquid
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder, to taste
- 10 ounces pepperoni, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place potatoes in a large sauce pan, adding just enough water to cover.
- Boil for 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes, reserving liquid.
- Mash cooked potatoes with hot cooking liquid, salt, and onion powder.
- Add additional liquid for desired consistency.
- Set aside.
- Combine pepperoni, corn, and peas in a 9" pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together peanut butter, water or cooking liquid, and soy sauce or seasoning until smooth.
- Pour peanut butter sauce evenly over vegetables.
- Top with mounds of mashed potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until potatoes start to brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.