Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a *awesome*,fun recipe that I worked with a tad.It has no cheese,because it has soo much flavor. But ,**You may add cheese,if desired,amount is your choice** I have the perfect Pepperoni breadsticks recipe that would make a great dipper for this fondue. I hope you enjoy! 8)
- 4 ounces bulk sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (30 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green sweet pepper (optional)
- In a large skillet,brown the sausage,garlic& onion.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker together,blend,in sauce mushrooms,.
- pepperoni,& basil/oregano.
- Stir in the first mixture.
- Cover,cooking over low-heat setting for 3 hours.
- If desired,add sweetpepper.
- Cover,cook on low-heat setting for 15 minutes.
- You may serve breadsticks with fondue.
Our family enjoyed this very much, especially my teenage boys. I served it with some wonderful warmed cheesy Italian bread twists I found at the grocery store. There was quite a lot of sauce in this recipe , so I reserved some and served it on a storbought pizza crust with lots of grated Italian cheeses. I added more slivers of pepperoni and it was really great. I highly recommend this recipe !