Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I picked this recipe up at our local Sobeys supermarket.
- 1 lb italian link sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 14 slices pepperoni, can be turkey
- 1 egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sized pan, on medium heat.
- brown meat and onions.
- Drain and let cool on paper towel lined plate.
- Roll out crescent roll dough on a cookie sheet.
- press perforations to seal.
- Arrange half of the cheese down the middle of the dough.
- leaving a 1 inch border.
- Top with sausage mixture and pepperoni.
- Add remaining cheese.
- Fold each dough side up to the middle and pinch seams together.
- Brush with egg white and
- sprinkle with seasoning.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden.
We really enjoyed this, though small pieces are a good idea! I subbed the Italian Sausage with a hot breakfast sausage and crumbled and browned it with the pepperoni. It went together fairly quickly and we sliced rather small pieces. We also used a little pizza sauce for dipping, sprinkled with parmesan (sorta like a calzone.) This would be excellent on a buffet of appetizers, or for your hungry teenagers. Thanks so much for sharing, Lori Mama!
This was delicious, although not without its mishaps. While browning the sausage and onion, I rolled out the dough, and thought that it didn't look quite big enough. After I arranged all the cheese and meat down the middle, I couldn't fold the dough up without it separating. I ended up with sort of a braid, with lots of open space. Perhaps using the larger size crescent roll dough would work better for me, or now I think they make full sheets with no perforations. Anyway, the end result was still delicious and I look forward to trying this again.