Recipe by shelbyrose
This is such an easy, but tasty, heat-and-eat appetizer. For some reason, the guys seem to really go for these. Great for football season!
Top Review by Lori in NC
My mom used to make these and freeze them for my school lunches when I was too picky to eat a sandwich. Now, I like to make them for potlucks where I know there will be a lot of kids. I also use the turkey pepperoni. Thanks for posting.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagethinly sliced pepperoni
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups pizza sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 8 pepperoni slices on each rectangle.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with approximately 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese.
- Starting at shortest side, lightly roll up each rectangle; pinch to seal.
- Slice each roll into 4 equal sections.
- Pinch dough together on one open side of each slice to seal.
- Place each slice sealed-side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce.