1/1 Photo of Pepperoni Rolls
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef #331521's Note:
Yummy bread stuffed with pepperoni and cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve sugar, yeast, salt in the warm water.
- 2Stir in the flour, using extra flour or water as needed to make a soft dough that isn't too sticky.
- 3Turn out onto a floured board and knead for a couple of minutes. Shape into a ball and let raise in a bowl for 30 minutes to an hour, covered with a towel. Volume should double.
- 4Turn the raised dough back onto the floured board, and cut it into 12 pieces (I use a scraper/cutter, but a knife works fine.).
- 5Take each piece, flatten it lightly on the board with your hand, and place 4-5 slices of pepperoni in the middle, overlapping but not stacked.
- 6Add cheese.
- 7Roll it up like a jelly roll, and then crimp it with your fingers to seal the ends into an oval, with no pepperoni sticking out. Place on an ungreased baking sheet with at least an inch between each one.
- 8Beat in an egg and add a tablespoonful of water. Brush rolls lightly with this glaze. You don't need to let the rolls raise further, but you can if you want to.
- 9Bake rolls at 425 degrees until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pepperoni Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.3
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 467.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 11.0 g