Recipe by mary winecoff
These appetizers are very quick and easy. The recipe came from Taste of Home. My kids like this because they say it tastes like pizza, in a bite size piece.
Top Review by charree329
This is not a true West Virginia Pepperoni Roll at all! A true Pepperoni Roll uses bread dough, pepperoni, any kind of cheese you like (preferably cheddar or sharp cheddar) and no garlic power or spices. We make our own sauce, which is used sparingly, IF at all. Sorry to disappoint the readers though. Frozen bread dough can be used though. Be sure to use melted butter to brush on top, to keep them moist, soft and yummy, too.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 2 pieces mozzarella string cheese, cut into quarters
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll crescent dough.
- Separate into eight triangles.
- Place eight pepperoni pieces on each.
- Place a piece of cheese on the long side of each triangle.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Roll up each, starting with long side.
- Pinch seams to seal.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and remaining Italian seasoning.
- Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.