Recipe by Recipe Junkie
This is a recipe from Taste of Home's Quick Cooking (now Simply Delicious) Magazine, edition Sept/Oct 2004, submitted by Brenda Schrag. I'm posting it so I can throw the scrap away and clean up my recipe collection!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 27 slices pepperoni, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the seasonings.
- In a greased 13-in. x9-in.x2-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, red pepper and corn.
- Top with the white sauce, cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.