Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
WE WANT PIZZA! A dish I made up one night when my kids wanted pizza but we didn't have time. If you're really cheesy people, you can add more than the 1/2 cup I use.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb pepperoni, sliced and quartered
- 2 large bell peppers, sliced (any color)
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain well.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- Heat non-stick deep skillet or dutch oven.
- Add oil and sliced peppers, onions, pepperoni& garlic; saute until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Drain if your pepperoni is very fatty.
- Stir in tomatoes with juice, oregano, basil, pepper& salt, if desired.
- Cook over medium heat just until hot, then toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, toss& serve.
Cut the recipe in half and it was great. Used the small pepporoni sticks cut in 1/2" pieces, added 2 Jalapenos chopped and left the garlic at 2 cloves. MMMMmmm I'll do this again - All the flavor and no calorie crust. Thanks ThatBobbie Girl - love your humor
ThatBobbieGirl - this is a absolutely terrific recipe. My DH and I have been dying for pizza and this recipe hit the spot...without the crust. This taste was just what we needed. DH ate two full plates of it. I had cut the recipe in half and now wish I'd have made all of it so I could have leftovers! Easy, quick and very tasty. Will definitely make again and again.
We LOVED this- All the stuff we love on a pizza-without the filling crust! The spaghetti takes its place beautifully!! The vegetables had just the right amount of "crispiness",too. DIVINE! Will be made over and over...thank you so much!