Fatty and gooey--just like any good pizza;) When my husband and I stay in on Saturday nights (curled up on the sofa with pillows, blankets, Blockbusters, Ben&Jerry's, and candy!) he makes a batch of these to scarf down too:) Fortunately, we redeem ourselves by jogging together 3 times a week; I think myself "model-thin" by means of yoga and Tae-Bo. Chris shapes up by kick-boxing and lifting. Then we ruin it all by eating--but what a way to go!!!
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (8")
- 3⁄4-1 cup prepared pizza sauce, depending on how saucy you like your pizza (Ragu is good)
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2-1 cup provolone cheese, depending on how cheesy you like your pizza
- 24 thin pepperoni slices (Hormel is good) or 1 sliced pepperoni stick, if you like it more toothsome
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Combine the oil with the garlic powder; set aside.
- Arrange the tortillas on a work surface; spread each with 3 Tbsp.
- of the pizza sauce to within 1" of the edge.
- Sprinkle the sauce with 1/4 cup cheese, 6 slices of pepperoni, and 1 Tbsp.
- olives, if using.
- Roll tortillas up jelly-roll style.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; brush the wraps with the reserved oil mixture.
- Place wraps seam-side down in the skillet, in batches if necessary; cook, turning once, until heated through, about 4 minutes per side.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting in half.
These were excellent and couldn't be easier - especially because I just baked them (20 minutes at 350). I added a little chopped onion and served with extra pizza sauce for dipping - DH's preference. This recipe is going to become a keeper in my appetizer file - many different things you could do with it!
We love love love these. Cheep easy and GOOD! We made these last week and I am making them again this week. A million thanks for posting this, Kids went nuts over them.
Made these for OAMC. I tripled the recipe and froze them. My husband Looooved them. Thanks!