Recipe by MsKittyKat
My friend adapted this from a Pampered Chef recipe and served it for dinner last night with a salad. I begged for the recipe and am pleased to share it will all of you. Cook time includes standing time.
Top Review by Acerast
This was quick and delicious. My husband and I are spinch lovers so devoured your spinach version! We made a variation without the spinach - just pepperoni, green pepper and cheese filling for our children. That turned out quite nicley too! This was a very nice "twist" on a family favorite. ;) Thanks MsKittyKat
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can ripe olives (drained and chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 garlic clove (minced or pressed)
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 2 (11 ounce) packagesrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce, warmed (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix first seven items in a small bowl.
- Place bread dough, seam side up on a baking sheet.
- Slice each loaf lengthwise end to end and spread each loaf out slightly.
- Sprinkle a small amount of additional flour over dough.
- Spoon half of the pepperoni mixture down the center of each loaf.
- Gather up edges over filling, pinching to seal.
- Place loafs seam side down on baking sheet.
- Crisscross ends of dough to form a large figure 8, leaving two 1 1/2 inch openings in center of twist.
- Beat egg white and seasoning mix, lightly brush over dough.
- Cut a 3 inch slit in each of the top sections of the twist to allow filling to show.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top of loaves.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes and serve with warmed pizza sauce if desired.