Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
These soft and chewy breadsticks are filled with cheese and pepperoni in every bite. They are great for lunch, snacks, appetizers, and grab-n-go dinners. They are fun to make with kids and the kids have even more fun eating them! My kids love these! Serve with a salad for a complete meal. You can cheat and use refrigerated pizza dough from the stores, but I like to make my own.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
- 8 mozzarella string cheese, cut in half
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- pizza sauce, for dipping
- Make pizza dough: Mix the yeast in with the warm water. Combine all other dough ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add yeast water. Mix well with a dough hook. Add more flour if it is too sticky. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle.
- Cut dough into 16 even rectangles.
- Place 3 slices of pepperoni and 1 cheese stick on each.
- Seal the dough well around the pepperoni and cheese so the cheese won't melt out. Repeat with all of them.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet or a stone.
- Brush each one with the melted butter.
- Combine the seasonings and evenly sprinkle over each stick.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 18 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping, if desired.