Prep 1 min
Cook 2 mins
We used to eat these while camping, cooked in our handy dandy grilled cheese maker, but they're just as good out of the skillet. Definitely a kid pleaser, and adults love it too!
- 2 slices white bread
- pizza sauce
- sliced pepperoni (to taste)
- 1 pinch of finely ground oregano (to taste)
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded white American cheese
- butter (optional)
- Place bread on plate.
- Spoon desired amount of pizza sauce onto one piece of bread.
- Spread evenly.
- On same piece of bread sprinkle oregano and top with pepperoni and shredded cheeses.
- Top with remaining slice of bread.
- Butter the outside of each piece of bread lightly.
- Place in skillet, cook as you would a grilled cheese sandwich.
My boys enjoyed these for lunch today. I used wheat bread instead of white and didn't add the american cheese, just the mozzarella. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
wsn't very good. The taste was kinda strange and hubby thought the whole thing didn't go together very well.