Recipe by shelbyrose
If you're craving a pepperoni pizza and it's just too hot to turn on the oven, this dish is a satisfying warm weather substitute. (Prep. time does not reflect chill time).
- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 226.79 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 99.22 g package pepperoni
- 63.78 g can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 78.07 ml tomato juice
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar or 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green pepper, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, olives, and onion; mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, basil and pepper; whisk together well.
- Pour the dressing over the tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Sprinkle croutons just before serving.