- 10 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, green peppers, cheese, pepperoni, olives, and onion.
- In a small bowl combine tomato juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, basil and pepper; mix well.
- Pour over tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with croutons.