Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This salad combines some of the more popular pizza flavors.
- 8 ounces ditalini
- 4 ounces pepperoni, cut into 1/4-inch slices, then the slices quartered
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup fresh white mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook the pasta per package directions for al dente; drain in a colander and rinse briefly under cold running water; shake the colander and drain completely; set aside.
- To make the dressing: whisk the vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Whisk in the anchovy paste, garlic, and oregano; slowly whisk in the olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Put the pasta, pepperoni, bell pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, olives, and mozarella in a large serving bowl; toss gently.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture; toss gently and thoroughly.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 8 hours.